Sunday, August 28, 2016

Our home study is all completed and we should have our report written up by our social worker Adrienne, by this next week! It just all seems so surreal! At times I think, this is so amazing! It has been such a long time coming and I can't believe we are getting ready to do this! We feel so blessed to be able to have worked with Milcreek Counseling and Adoption Services. They have been amazing to work with! This week will be a great week! I am finally getting my port removed! This is a huge milestone for me. I have had this one in for almost 11 years! When I had been off treatment long enough, they said I could get it removed. The day has finally come, tomorrow I will get it removed! It is the ending of one journey and the beginning of another. This is a bittersweet feeling! I never thought that in 2002 I would be diagnosed with cancer. Now a cancer survivor and being able to look foward to the next chapter of our lives with adoption, I feel truly blessed with all that the Lord has given me! I have an incredibly supportive husband and family, amazing friends, and now through adoption, I will be able to become a mother! We look forward to sharing the next chapter of our journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment